Mobile Video Surveillance – Perfect for Oil Field Security
Posted on January 24, 2012 | in Industry Solutions | by admin
Security cameras are seen almost everywhere – from homes to government offices to financial institutions. They can also be used in different venues for events. But have you heard of the right type to use when it comes to oil field security? In this regard, you may take a look at mobile video surveillance.
You might wonder what’s so special about mobile video surveillance for oil field security. Well, these mobile cameras provide continuous surveillance for oil rigs, pipelines and natural gas facilities. These cameras can also operate both during daytime and nighttime and uses low light infrared capability for night vision.
Things that make mobile video surveillance ideal for oil field security
Besides the low light infrared capability of these security cameras, here are some things that make it perfect in oil field security:
- Helps monitor work in progress. Video surveillance cameras allow managers to take a look at the changes that take place in their pipelines. These security cameras are triggered by automatic sensors as well as infrared heat sensors and motion detectors that can make it easier to monitor all these works.
- Sets the time by which pictures can be taken in some parts of the site. If you’re an owner of an oil field, mobile video surveillance will make it easier for you to set the time by which pictures should be taken. More often than not, you can set it in 15, 30 and 60-minute intervals. This so-called time lapse effect will give managers the idea on how much work was completed all throughout the day. Any breaches to security may also be recorded.
- Can be moved easily from one spot to another. Visual monitoring within an oil field changes. This is because pipelines and oil field facilities do change. With this, it is best to invest on mobile security cameras that can be moved from one place to another. Whether you’ve completed one task and moving on to another or you’re initiating a new task in the oil field, these cameras will be of great help.
- Monitors oil field contractors. Oil field managers concentrate much on how their employees work on their assigned posts. But, these managers also deal with contractors. If management wants to make sure that they can monitor the job being rendered by their contractors, then these security cameras are of great help. They can check whether the contractors are working according to government regulations or not.
- Makes it easier to view pictures or images. Using mobile video surveillance systems, you can view your captured images or pictures using your PC’s. You simply have to upload them using an FTP server. There are even versions that allow you to upload pictures from up to four cameras using the FTP software.
With all the things mentioned above, there is no doubt that mobile video surveillance systems are perfect for oil field security. So, if you’re thinking of using one to monitor the things that take place within this workplace, you can always invest on a security camera of this type.